The SpatioTemporal Asset Catalog (STAC) specification provides a common language to describe a range of geospatial information, so it can more easily be indexed and discovered. A 'spatiotemporal asset' is any file that represents information about the earth captured in a certain space and time. In this episode,our guest Chris Holmes shared with us the inspiration behind STAC, the problem it's solving,how you can use it,where you can find it, and why it's important for us to have a unified specification for geospatial data access and discovery in the geospatial community.
This episode is sponsored by HOT. Learn more about HOT at https://hotosm.org
- Stac Index- http://stacindex.org to see what's trending in the STAC community and available tools and API that you can use for your projects.
- Stacspec https://stacspec.org/ to learn more about the specification.
- Google Earth Engine Platform
- Microsoft Planetary Computer
- Chris Blog about STAC V1.0 release on Medium
- Radiant Earth ML Hub
- Radiant Earth website
- OGC Features API
- Episode with HOT
- Cloud Optimized Geotiff(COG)
- Stac Spec Github repository
- Application Programming Interface